We are a small friendly committee run pre-school based in
Ashurst Wood Primary School
- Sessions run Monday to Friday, from 9am to 12 noon, with an optional lunch club twice a week from 3 years until 1pm.
- We welcome children from 2 years to statutory school age.
- £15.00 per session, £5.00 per lunch club - FREE places for all 4 year olds, and 3 year olds from the term after their 3rd birthday.
- FREE healthy snacks and drinks for all children during the morning.
- Located within Ashurst Wood Primary School. We work closely with the Primary School to ensure children make a smooth transition to Reception class.
- We promote equality and diversity, emphasising "Learning through Play.
- Parents and carers are encouraged to come and see what we do.
- We are governed by Ofsted and we follow the EYFS curriculum
- We are a registered charity, number 1033649.
For further information, please call Steph on 07709 886 882
We provide a warm, caring and safe environment,
We aim to develop confidence and self-esteem,
We like getting creative, getting messy (and tidying up),
We nurture the curiosity and imagination of every child
We encourage parents and carers to join in the fun, actively bringing the community together
Ashurst Wood Community Pre-School (AWCP) was established in 1971 and has become a much loved and well-used centre for early learning and socialising. We now find ourselves welcoming grandchildren of some of the founder members and are proud of the continuity this provides for families in the area.
Ashurst Wood is a unique community and we encourage parental participation and involvement within the running of the Pre-School.
We ask parents to volunteer their help on a regular basis. Mums, Dads, Grandparents, friends and carers are all welcome. It is a very special experience for the child when Mummy or Daddy comes to help at Pre-School. And it's a lovely way for you to see how your child is progressing.
If your child attends one or two sessions per week, we ask you to help for just one morning each half term. If your child attends for more than two sessions per week, we ask you to help for two mornings each half term.
You can put your name down when you drop off or collect your children - the rota is on the notice board.
If you can't help at Pre-School because you go to work, or care for another child under 18 months, please volunteer to help in other ways. We always need assistance - it might be administrative tasks, baking cakes for our fundraisers, or making costumes for our nativity. Remember, your Pre-School is a charity and needs your help!
See our Fundraising page for more ways you can support us
Ashurst Wood Community Pre-School is a registered charity, no. 1033649