We are a small friendly committee run pre-school based in the grounds of
Ashurst Wood Primary School
- Sessions run Monday to Friday, from 9am to 12 noon, with an optional lunch clubs Monday, Tuesday and Thursday until 1pm and afternoon sessions Tuesday and Thursday from 12pm to 3pm.
- We accept children from 2 years to statutory school age.
- We currently charge £5.00 per hour and are registered for 2 year old Free Funding and Government Funded Free Entitlement is available for up to 15 hours a week for 3/4 year olds from the term after their 3rd birthday. Click here for eligibility criteria - Free Entitlement.
- Free healthy snacks and drinks are provided, but parents are required to provide packed lunches for those attending lunch club/s.
- We are located within the grounds of Ashurst Wood Primary School and work closely with the Primary School to ensure a smooth transition to Reception class.
- We promote equality and diversity, emphasising "Learning through Play.
- Parents and carers are encouraged to come and see what we do, including a parent help rota.
- We are registered with West Sussex and Ofsted and follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework (EYFS)
- We are a registered charity, number 1033649.
For further information, please call the Pre-School on 01342 825515 or email email@example.com
We provide a warm, caring and safe environment,
We aim to develop confidence and self-esteem,
We like getting creative, getting messy (and tidying up),
We nurture the curiosity and imagination of every child
We encourage parents and carers to join in the fun, actively bringing the community together
Ashurst Wood Community Pre-School (AWCP) was established in 1971 and has become a much loved and well-used centre for early learning and socialising. We now find ourselves welcoming grandchildren of some of the founder members and are proud of the continuity this provides for families in the area.
Ashurst Wood is a unique community and we encourage parental participation and involvement within the running of the Pre-School.
We work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop. Staff work hard to establish close links with parent/carers including allocating a Key Person to your child and liaising with other settings, schools and outside agencies.
We ask parents to volunteer their help on a regular basis and it's a lovely way for you to see how your child is progressing. Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles are also welcome to visit.
If you are unable to help during session times, please volunteer to help in other ways - e.g. gardening, baking, small D.I.Y. jobs, attending fundraising events etc.... . as a Charity we need your help!
See our Fundraising page for more ways you can support us